The Liebster Award is given from bloggers to bloggers and is all about celebrating new blogs and spreading the blog love. If you are nominated and choose to accept the award, the rules are below. Have fun!
So here it goes! 11 facts about me:
- I get the hiccups all the time and the only way to cure them is to ask me if I have the hiccups.
- I’m a Buffy the Vampire Slayerfangirl.
- I’m afraid of the dark. It doesn’t help that my house is haunted.
- I’m a dual citizen. I was born in Ipswich, England and moved to America when I was ten.
- I break into little dances and sing ridiculous made-up songs throughout the day.
- I’m married to a pro wrestler. His wrestling gimmick is that he is the stunt double for Ralph Macchio from the karate kid movies.
- My 9-year-old son is obsessed with Scooby Doo and solving mysteries. Has been since he was a baby.
- I was the first person in my family to earn a Bachelor’s Degree.
- I have three ferrets: Gambit, Rogue and Professor Xavier.
- I played roller derby with Apple City Roller Derby for three seasons. My derby name was Gory B Movie #NC-17
- When I was little and I couldn’t find paper, I would write stories inside the covers of my books. Kid me had no respect.
Now Margarida’s questions:
1. Who is your favorite writer?
Richard Matheson. He wrote so many great books including: What Dreams May Come, I am Legend, Somewhere in Time. He also wrote some of my favorite episodes of the Twilight Zone (remember the one with the gremlin on the wing? He wrote it.) Whether he is writing horror, science fiction or romance he always has something powerful to say about the human experience.
2. What would you do to meet your favorite writer?
Richard Matheson passed away last year. I have met a couple famous authors though. I met Stephenie Meyer in 2008 at the Breaking Dawn tour and this month Marissa Meyer is coming to my town so I will get to meet her as well.
3. How many books do you have on your wishlist?
4. What is your favorite quote?
“Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you’re not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So, what are we, helpless? Puppets? Nah. The big moments are gonna come, you can’t help that. It’s what you do afterwards that counts. That’s when you find out who you are.” -Whistler, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5. What book made you cry like a baby? Why?
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Too. Many. Feels.
6. Do you prefer reading a book or an e-book?
I love physical copies of books. They look great on my shelf and they smell good but I used to carry stacks of books around with me, especially if I was going out-of-town. With my Kindle I can carry hundreds of books around with me so I never have to worry about having something to read. I also like being able to take notes and highlight without ruining my book. I still buy loads of hardbacks though. I like having physical copies of my favorites and I collect signed books.
7.Where do you read?
EVERYWHERE! All over my house, all over town, I’ve even read in a bar before.
8. How many bookmarks do you have?
9. Have you ever watched a movie based on a book before reading the book?
I try not to but there have been a few that slipped by me. If I know a movie I want to see is based on a book, I will read the book months in advance. I even have notes on my calendar like: “Maze Runner comes out next month. Time to read the book already.”
10. How many books do you read a month?
It depends. I’ll have a great reading month sometimes and read 13 books, other months (like this month) I’ll get into a slump and only read 4 or 5.
11. Did you ever read a book that everyone talked about, people loved it, but you kinda didn’t like it? What book was it??
YES! The Lux series. I’ve read Obsidian and Onyx and I don’t get it what all the fuss is about. They’re not terrible and I did enjoy them but not as much as other people seem to. If you want to read my thoughts on Obsidian, here is a link to my review.
Now I get to nominate eleven bloggers! I’m supposed to look for people that have less than 200 subscribers it says but that sounds like way too much work so here is a list of some of my favorite bloggers that I haven’t seen nominated yet. In no particular order:
- PERMASHIFT (Sierra)
- Barbara Pyett
- A Writer’s Life for Me (Harliqueen)
- Just Get it Written (Caffe Maggieato)
- Adrian Sanchez
- Burgess Taylor
- Crystal Goodwin
- Down the Rabbit Hole (strengthofafighter)
- Winter Bayne
- Often Clueless, Always Shoeless (Olivia)
And your questions are…(drumroll please)
- What is your favorite book
- How long have you been blogging?
- Where do you buy most of your books?
- Do you have a preference for books written from a certain point-of-view. Which is it and why?
- Who is your favorite literary character?
- What upcoming book release are you most looking forward to this year?
- What was the last book you read all in one sitting?
- What really popular book or book series have you still not read?
- Do you participate in NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo?
- What is your favorite genre?
- What are your writing and/or reading goals for this month?
Here is your award! You’re awesome!